Last July, I promised you more culinairy cauliflower adventures…….
so, after a little break…here we go!
How about soup? Cauliflower soup?
Nice? Yes. Tasty? Yes, definitily. Pretty? Well…..if you like pale…..
I’ve been experimenting a bit with recipes, but somehow the looks never match the taste. Plain cauliflower makes a pale, white soup, adding curry makes it, well, OK, yellowish…..but still.
And then, yesterday somewhat by accident I came up with a recipe that’s both tasty, and pretty (if you like orange). It was one of those, let’s see what we have lying around in the kitchen kind of days. and well – surprise- I had a cauliflower lying around, and a sweet potato ( another thing I’ve started experimenting with lately). Et voila!
If you’d like to give it a try, here’s what I used:
- one medium sized cauliflower
- one rather small sweet potato
- an onion
- a cube of vegetable stock
- 120 ml coconut milk
- half a spoon of red pepper paste
- a teaspoon of curry
- a teaspoon of ground coriander
- a teaspoon of ground cumin
- a teaspoon of kurkuma
- black pepper
And here’s what I did:
- heated the oven to 230 degrees Celsius and roasted the sweet potato in its skin for about 30 minutes
- cleaned, cut and boiled the cauliflower
- chopped and fried the onion, added all spices and pepper paste
- allowed sweet potato to cool down, then peeled it
- drained the cauliflower
- added all ingredients to the cauliflower in the pan
- blended it smooth
- and let it boil for a little while
- filled my bowl and sprinkled on some more pepper – black and red
- let the rest cool down and stored it in my fridge
- reheated what was left the next day ( today) and had a warm and tasty lunch
This recipe was enough for a dinner & lunch for one (no my kids don’t do cauliflower soup), and it was really thick. You can add more coconutmilk or even a bit of water to make it thinner.
And, the larger the cauliflower and the potato/potatoes, the more soup you will have. Ofcourse. Enjoy.