I am stil working my way through my yarn stash…slowly but steadily…..
Last week I made a new pillow cover for on our couch. I used leftovers from different brands and different types of yarn: cotton, wool and acrylic, it’s all in here. The colours, they match…in a way……and the thickness of the yarn is roughly the same.
Just a plain large granny square, using a 4mm crochet hook and lots of colourful leftovers…. For the back, I used some Ikea fabric that I still had lying around. I used my sewing machine to sew the crochet part onto the fabric, and I wasn’t sure whether this was a good idea at first, but I think it worked out well. I sewed the pieces of fabric and the crochet square, right sides facing eachother, sewing onto the outer edge of the crochet piece, as you can see in the picture, and then turmed the whole thing, stuffed it and…… there it was our new pillow!
I’m not through with all leftovers yet so on a cold and rainy summer day I quickly started on a new project; another granny square pillowcase. This one is made up of small grannies crocheted with leftovers of Phildar partner 6 and Phildar partner 3,5 which is a mixture of wool and acrylic, and which makes this a really soft and warm winter pillow. I had to put it aside again though; the sun is out again and I’ve totally lost my interest in making winter stuff (for now) let’s enjoy the summer while it lasts!